If you are 70 ½ or older, a gift of up to $100,000 from your IRA to a IRA Rollover Fund at Central Florida Foundation can be recognized as a qualified charitable distribution and will count towards your required minimum distribution.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Benefits of an IRA Rollover Fund
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to the fund
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Provide consideration for needs in the community that resonate with you
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to Central Florida Foundation.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to the IRA Rollover Fund at Central Florida Foundation.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be considered for specific needs in the community.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.